Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Grandma Love

There was a housewarming social for this month's new residence at Mom's new place. While she was clearly nervous about any attention, she sure loved showing these three off. The bigs loved dancing on stage while the piano player played. The Baby flew into Grandma's arms and was upset when we had to leave her. He did try stealing all the walkers he could find and snuck up behind many a old people. I don't know why some of these places don't consider having an on site daycare with a giant glass window. Seniors and babies are magic together.

Mom seems to be adjusting a bit more. I talked to the Resident Liaison today for a while and came up with some ideas to help her a little more. I was also about to let her know about some Mom things (behaviors, anxieties, likes, dislikes, etc.) which helped her out.

I'm headed down to see my grandparents soon and it's nice knowing she will be taken care of while I'm gone. I've been mentioning it every time I see her because I know me leaving causes her some serious anxiety. I can go three days without seeing her but as soon as I mention actually going somewhere, she panics. I guess I am her rock as she was mine.

I can't get over that picture. Four extraordinarily beautiful people. I'm so glad they have each other and I hope to capture as many moments like this as possible while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment